Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Starting over... Again

Yes, that's right. While I had really good intentions, life happened, and tracking my food was at the bottom of my list. My goal was to just get through each day, and I did...I survived. Now I'm ready to tackle the task to continue loosing weight. Yes, that's right, I said, continue. Thankfully, my really bad eating habits this summer did not cause me to gain weight. When I stepped on the scale this morning I was actually .7lbs lighter than my last weigh in on myfitnesspal.com. So instead of starting from the absolute beginning, I'm just continuing from where I left off. Today was actually day 2, not day 1. I did learn a couple of lessons, I do have willpower when I want it (had a healthy dinner instead of nachos) and Pizza hut garlic bread just doesn't sit right with my tummy.

Now you probably noticed, I'm not on the Weight Watcher's plan anymore. There's a very good explanation  for that, I just don't have the funds to pay the monthly fee right now. Myfitnesspal.com is a free site and should work just as well. I can use the lessons I learned while on weight watchers and apply them to the myfitnesspal site. Before my WW subscription expired I did compare the two sites  to see if there was a difference. The answer? Nope, not at all. I was suppose to eat 36 points daily (I think that's right). I put in all the food that I would eat and it came to around 1650-1700 calories which is what MFP says I should be eating. So I feel confident that I can do it.

So, since I know what breakfast and lunch meals work for me, to keep me from getting hungry I'm only going to post my dinner meals. The actual recipes will be posted on the cooking page.

Weight: 239.2
Calories consumed= 1490
Total daily allowance= 1730
Calorie deficit = 240

According to MFP if every day were similar to today I would weigh 232.0 in 5 weeks. We'll see. :-)

Tonight I made Panda Express style Orange chicken and rice. Total calories for my version, about 760 and that's including the rice. I was planning on adding a salad with tonight's dinner but I forgot that we had a school function and wasn't able to get the salad made before we had to eat. But still, not a bad meal at all.

I decided to curb my sweet tooth with a lifesavers gummy snack. not the healthiest, but it hit the spot.

Exercise: I need to start doing yoga and as of this post haven't done it yet, but I'm planning on it for later tonight. I did get some exercise in. It wasn't great, but it was something. I took a walk with my children and the dog and we went about a half mile, maybe 3/4 mile. It wasn't a long walk I just had to deliver a product to a friend, but it was long enough. Poor puppy was pooped. LOL. Tomorrow I plan on going on a longer walk, x2.

No comments:

Post a Comment