Friday, April 13, 2012

The Illusion that isn't Weight Watchers

Ya know, it's kind of funny. Growing up my mom talked about weight watchers this, weight watchers that. I didn't get what she meant. Around the time that I was pregnant with my son, my mom and dad were living with my brother and sil. My mom and sil decided to do ww together. I would often eat dinner with them, and see them eating stuff that made me want to gag. They had a recipe for a veggie soup that was 0 points if I remember right, and were eating fat free, everything. Going shopping with them was like torture because my sil would stop and check the points for EVERYTHING! drove me nuts. Watching them, and how they did ww made me want to NEVER ever ever ever EVER! (did I mention never ever?) want to do ww because if that was the way you had to live on ww it so wasn't for me. They were ww nazi's! But a couple years ago, a friend of mine mentioned she was on ww and talked about some of the food that she ate, and I realized, you don't have to be a nazi to enjoy ww and actually succeed with the program. You can eat regular stuff and still loose weight. It works for people like that think most veggies need to be dropped into the deepest part of the ocean so they can never surface. LOL. I don't have to eat that nasty ff miracle whip/mayo or go completely ff. I can enjoy my normal lifestyle, I just have to tweak it a bit and not eat so much of the foods I love. It was a moment I wished I could share with my mom, she passed away 4 years ago. My mom would be so proud of me, and I wish we could enjoy this journey together. Anyway, I just wanted to share what my previous illusion of what ww was and how it really isn't. :-)


**Note** This is a picture of my mom at the age of 74. This was close to when she hit lifetime status.

No comments:

Post a Comment