Thursday, April 5, 2012

Challenge day 5 out of 30 - Running out of steam

Today was an odd day for me. I woke up very refreshed and got in a good 30 minute workout first thing this morning. But by the end of that 30 minutes I just wasn't in the mood to do anything anymore. I think I am getting bored with doing my wii fit. This is the 2nd time this has happened, first time was when I was doing richard simmon's sweatin' to the oldies. I just got tired of it. I had the energy to do it, but not the umph. So, I think I am going to have to change up my routine after this week ends. I think I am done with doing a full week of just one thing because I just don't feel it. So, my new idea starting Saturday will be to alternate between all of the different workouts, Saturday I will do the steps, Sunday a video, Monday Wii, Tuesday a different video, Wednesday steps, Thursday another video, and Friday the Wii again. Hopefully this will help me not get so bored. Plus if I feel the urge to do the other workouts on their off days, I can add that to my list. It's an idea... we'll see how it works.

Weight: 242.5 - no change from yesterday, but that's ok. Hopefully there will be a huge drop tomorrow and Saturday. If not, I'm still down 1.6lbs for the week. Not gonna stress it, but It would really be nice if it happened.

Breakfast: 6 pts
Today I decided to change things up a bit. While I really like my waffles, I decided I needed to use up my bread so I made French Toast. Now this isn't your normal french toast; it's from the website Sparkpeople.com. You do have to register with them to access their recipes. The recipe is called French (Women Don't Get Fat) Toast. Kinda neat huh? It's just a basic french toast but very yummy. I think tomorrow I am going to make a big batch of them so I can just throw them in the freezer and defrost when I feel the urge instead of cooking each morning.

I topped my french toast with my normal topping of fresh cut strawberries w/ 1 TBSP strawberry glaze and reddi wip. And since I had some points available I decided to drink 1 cup of fat free milk.

Lunch: 14 pts
I had a grilled cheese sandwich with 1 slice of fat free turkey meat and 1 cup 2% cottage cheese and a dole peach cup. To get in a few extra veggies I drank 1 cup of v8 juice.

Dinner: 11pts
I made chicken enchiladas. I don't think i'm going to make them very often because 11 points for 2 enchiladas with no side dishes is a lot of points for just a little bit of food. I'm not fond of just a little food. I like to eat and I want as much food as I possibly can get. So Chicken Enchiladas are now off my list of to go to foods.

Snack: 5 pts
My morning snack was 2 celery stalks w/ 2 tbsp of jif creamy peanut butter. My afternoon snack was a weight watchers ice cream cone.

Exercise: 65 minutes - Calories burned 310. Activity points 6
I tried to make my tracking a lot easier today. Instead of doing just a couple minutes here and there and a lot of cardio I decided to give myself even numbers. I did 10 minutes yoga, 10 minutes strength training, 20 minutes cardio, 10 minutes balance and a few other things that I cannot remember anymore. :-). It did make tracking a lot easier. I did a few exercises on one leg and my balance totally sucks. I really need to figure out how to fix this. I use to have good balance. I'm hoping that as I get thinner it will be easier for my leg to support my weight, but I don't know if that will happen. Also, my left leg has always been my weaker leg. I was born with 2 clubbed feet and what that means is that my feet were twisted completely around. My heels were where my toes should be. At the age of 2 weeks the doctor manually straightened them, and at the age of 6 I had surgery on them to fix it permanetly. While I have suffered from arthritis in my knees from the casts and such, I haven't really suffered any ill effects from the clubbed feet other than my left foot is very stiff. I have very little range of motion in it. So doing balance exercises on my left leg is very hard. I am going to keep at it and hopefully the more I do it the stonger and more flexible it will get, here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment